Sunday, February 7, 2010

Open House action...what really happens

It's Superbowl Sunday and here I sit in someone else's home. No I'm not super early for a Superbowl party, I'm hosting an open house. At this point I have eaten a sushi roll, read the paper (especially the property transfers to see who bought/sold that I knew or was working with), had 2 2-bite brownies, rearranged the flyers 2 different ways , checked out facebook, the MLS, and my other email accounts PLUS walked around the house several times. One hour down one more to go. I placed obnoxiously bright yellow OPEN HOUSE directional signs all over the neighborhood, ran an ad in the local paper and placed ads in realtor.com and every other website known to man. Yet here I sit. Alone. Painfully alone. I don't know what is worse not doing an open house and having the sellers think you're lazy or doing one and having no one show up. I think I'm gonna go out and invite the neighbors over at least then I won't be alone with the those dang brownies. Ooh there's a bird sitting on the fence post out front. He looks perfect there I hope he stays until more people come...never mind random dog just scared him off.

I often wonder if my sellers would rather be at home then out driving around crammed in their car with the kids and let's not forget the 2 dogs. One is a very big dog who looked none too pleased when they were pulling out the driveway.

Sidebar, their clothes washer sounds like it's about to take off. ooh the bird is back. Guess I'll go watch him. Maybe he's a first time home buyer and wants to come in. Do birds like 2-bite brownies? I'll check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment