Friday, April 16, 2010

Pad Thai and a GUT?!?!

Yeppers that's right a GUT! I finally felt non-queasy enough to venture out for some good ole all American Thai food with my girlfriend, Amanda. Yes, that's her name. No, I'm a 3rd person talker...although at this point she's one of the few people who can tolerate being around me and incredibly foul mouth.

Anywho, I arrive at my favorite midtown eatery ready to do some damage and when I get a text from Amanda. She arrived a moment before me and had already feasted her eyes on our uninvited dining companion for the day. A gut and some of a butt!

I get that everyone has to eat including your newborn but really breastfeeding at the table?!?! I know there's some women out there who are gonna get all bent of shape at me b/c it's "a beautiful, natural experience" but it should also be a PRIVATE experience. I have big ole (getting bigger by the day) boobs but in no way shape or form do I feel I have the right to plop them out in a public restaurant. The poor girls who had met their new mommy friend for lunch seemed to be handling it well by staring anywhere else except at the small child attached to their friend's chest. Your gut may be pretty to you (seriously with the low rise jeans) but honey come on. The bathroom in that restaurant is plenty big enough for you and your little man while he eats. Also, did you not know he'd be needing a meal???? Could you not plan your lunch oh I don't know around his!? Trust me when I say your girlfriends would've preferred going earlier or later than having to watch that.

So, that was a huge nauseating (as if I needed it) distraction. Besides that, Amanda and I plowed through the meal while chatting and texting our real inner thoughts to each other and the pad thai was a dang treat...the indigestion and gas (yep that's a new unpleasant surprise) that followed not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment